Andrew Comer advises companies on mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, and other corporate matters affecting their formation, financing, and operation. He has assisted clients of various sizes as they grow, negotiate with vendors and customers, and prepare for acquisition. His clients include software and application developers, cloud services companies, creative and advertising agencies, manufacturers, marijuana businesses, retailers, and various service providers. He works with various personnel—from founders to boards of directors to investors—to ensure compliance with securities laws and other laws that affect their investments and other interests.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrew practiced law at another Denver law firm and served as in-house counsel for a global nonprofit organization. Andrew takes pride in taking the time to understand each client’s business and goals so he can help them achieve the best results. He is accessible and flexible and works to ensure that transactions are conducted in a timely, thorough manner.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial transactions
- Technology development, transfer, and licensing
- Debt and equity financings (including angel investments, venture capital, private equity and public offerings)
- Equity Compensation
- Partnerships, joint ventures, and strategic alliances
- Corporate governance matters
- Securities and stock exchange compliance
- Juris Doctorate, University of Denver (2009)
- Moot Court Board; 10th Circuit Clinic
- Bachelors of Arts, University of Colorado, Political Science and Anthropology (2006)
- Magna Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Denver Bar Association
- Boulder Bar Association
- University of Colorado at Boulder Alumni Association, Board of Directors (Denver Chapter)
- Blackstone Entrepreneurs’ Network – Growth Advisor
- Galvanize – Mentor
- University of Denver Venture Law Society – Supervising Attorney
- Commons on Champa – Advisory Board
Honors & Awards
- Colorado Super Lawyers - “Rising Star” (2018)
Community Activities & Personal Interests
Andrew likes spending time with entrepreneurs and other professionals that support the Denver/Boulder startup and venture community. He has helped organize events to promote entrepreneurs in Denver and Boulder, spoken to entrepreneurs at the Commons on Champa and WeWork, and mentored at various company-focused organizations across Denver.
In his free time Andrew enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, being outdoors, reading, and rooting for the Colorado Buffaloes.
- Assisted and negotiated several large scale M&A deals for clients, including through the representation of buyers, sellers, and individual equity owners in technology, manufacturing, oil and gas, marijuana, and construction industries.
- Represented cloud services company in the $17 million sale of its majority interest to a private equity firm and subsequent debt financing and acquisition of other cloud services companies.
- Advised software company in its $25 million sale to a strategic buyer.
- Advised global nonprofit in the $35 million acquisition of another nonprofit’s assets.
- Assisted developer in debt financing and development of a $47 Million multi-use real estate project in Colorado.
- Represented financial services company and mobile application company in their Series A financings.
- Assisted nonprofit in restructuring, sale of real estate, and renegotiation of its debt obligations.
- Represented owners of apartment buildings in restructuring and recapitalization of holding companies and negotiation of debt financing.
- Represented major Colorado marijuana manufacturer in the formation of joint ventures in Colorado, Maryland, Oregon, and California.
- Represented medical products manufacturer in the formation of joint venture with industry partner.
- Represented clothing manufacturer in a series of equity investments and formation of printing subsidiary.