It would be an understatement to say that M&A activity was robust in Colorado’s cannabis marketplace last year, especially concerning the state’s dispensaries and cultivators. Just consider:
• Canopy Growth bought ebbu.
• Cresco took over Origin House.
• Aurora bought MedReleaf.
• Altria shoveled capital into Cronos.
• Medicine Man took over Starbuds – and then Colorado Harvest Company.
• And the biggest cannabis deal in history was Harvest Health’s $850 million takeover of Verano Holdings.
Can we expect the same kind of frenzied activity in this sector again this year?
Fortis partner Henry Baskerville provides insight into the cannabis marketplace. To read more from this article, please follow the link located here.