Stacia Kuhn has more than 20 years’ experience in providing analysis and advice to local and national clients in the areas of real estate transactions, business acquisitions and sales and general corporate law. Stacia believes in a collaborative, creative and resourceful approach to problem-solving and addressing complex client needs, with a deep regard for providing affordable, efficient legal counsel for growing businesses.
Prior to joining Fortis, Stacia practiced with both local and national/international law firms, including LeBoeuf Lamb Greene & McRae LLP where she served as dedicated outside counsel for a major U.S. automobile manufacturer. In addition, Stacia served as outside counsel for the local firm of Hensley Kim & Holzer and Of Counsel for Silver & DeBoskey, P.C. Most recently, Stacia formed and successfully operated her own firm for over ten years where she represented a wide range of small and growing clients.
Stacia has represented businesses, developers, investors, lenders, property owners, property managers, landlords and tenants in a variety of commercial real estate matters, including negotiating, documenting and closing commercial real estate acquisitions and sales, commercial lease transactions, financing, entitlements and land use development. Stacia’s corporate practice includes providing legal representation to new, growing and established businesses as well as individual entrepreneurs, shareholders and executives with business and corporate matters. Stacia specializes in asset and equity acquisitions and sales, business planning and formation, stockholder and other equity owner buy-sell agreements, and equity compensation arrangements.
- Commercial Real Estate, including acquisitions, sales, commercial leasing, land use and entitlements
- Corporate Law
- Business Acquisitions and Sales
- Bar Admissions
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Juris Doctor – 1991
- Champion - Hoffman Cup Moot Court Competition
- Staff - Law Review
- President - Student Trial Lawyers’ Association
- D.U./A.T.L.A. Regional Trial Team
- American Jurisprudence Award - Torts and Moot Court
- American Inns of Court - Doyle's Inn
- Henry S. McAllister Honorary Scholar
- University of Colorado, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science – 1985
- Pre-Law Club
- Legislative Internship – Colorado House of Representatives
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section, Real Estate Section
- Colorado Bar Association – Business and Real Estate Law Sections
- Denver Bar Association
- Independent Brokers Group
Community Activities & Personal Interests
After years of volunteering for numerous youth sports organizations during her children’s formative years, Stacia now enjoys engaging in less organized activities with her husband, adult children and friends, including traveling, golf, boating, skiing, camping, hiking, reading and attending the occasional hockey game.
- Candidate – Colorado House of Representatives District 28 (2014)
- Board of Directors - Lakewood Police Department Employee Assistance Foundation (2007 to 2013)
- Citizen Member – Lakewood Police Department Awards Committee (2005 to 2012)
- President, Registrar, Board of Directors – Colorado Select Girls Hockey Association (2004 – 2008)
- Secretary, Board Member – Green Mountain Community Swim Club (2003 – 2005)
- Executive Board Member - Colorado Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division (1994 - 1996)